Eyeko Beauty - London's Cutest Cosmetics!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Review: Loreal True Match Roller Foundation


L'Oréal True Match Roller Foundation in W1-2 Porcelain/Light Ivory




The L'Oréal True Match Roller Foundation is a pricey drugstore foundation at a whopping $14.99. This covers amazingly well, I only wished I had gotten the right color for me, but I still saw how it covered fully. Now, on the L'Oréal website, it says that the Finish is Natural. I would give that an almost true observation. However, the "handy dandy" roller applicator can immediately change the finish from "Natural" to "Cakey and Heavy-Looking". 

The key on how to use the applicator is to not overdo the layering of the foundation. Below the following image, you will find a link on "How to Apply the True Match Roller".

Click Here to Watch 'How To Apply the True Match Roller"

When I applied on the foundation, I did have a problem with layering and layering the foundation (which is not advised). It left me feeling like I was wearing a mask and even when I did apply a powder over it, it still felt very dewey with a slightly heavy feel.


I will say that this foundation gives very Full coverage, but if you're willing to deal with touching up throughout the day but still want to maintain that flawless look, the L'Oréal True Match Roller Foundation is for you! 


This foundation is suitable to wear outside because it has an SPF of 25. However, it is not suitable for photoshoots, as SPF in foundations can make you appear ghostly or "whiter" in photographs. I will say this foundation does even the skintone very well and if you look back at my pictures, you'll see that most of the redness is gone.

The only other con to the product is the "revolutionary applicator". It really hurts trying to apply the foundation. I didn't like the way it felt rolling onto my skin. Maybe, it's just me, or I apply to abrasively on myself, but it felt really uncomfortable. I'd say there are more cons than pros, but the pros outweigh the cons, in my opinion.

For The Price:
Maybe, it depends if you're willing to pull out the dough!

   For The Quality:
 
Yes, the coverage is great, but not giving it full 4 thumbs up because of the 
applicator and finish of the foundation.

  Overall:
 2.5/5
Try It!

 Again, every person's experience with this foundation will vary. I like that it gives full coverage, but the formula for long-lasting wear and finish must be fixed!
Until Next Time,


No comments:

Post a Comment